Re[2]: Get me going on the blues - 25yrs

For folks looking for good intro to the blues material to copy and
learn from, I still suggest Paul Jones' work with Manfred Mann,
particularly any album with Smokestack Lightning, Hootchie Coochie Man
and Down the Road Apiece...

the licks are simple, clean, effective and widely useful...no, it's
not the cream of the crop in a technical sense, but it is accessible
and not difficult to copy as a first place to obtain useful licks.

Jones' didn't overplay and his tone was perfectly decent for the
purpose. Any harp player who gets accused of being "too busy" could
learn a lot from the arrangements.

Best regards,
rdg/datadigr                            mailto:rdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx