Re: Harmonica Break-in

John Stoneburner wrote:

>I am wondering just what type of break-in is necessary for a harmonica?

In my not inconsiderable experience, none at all.

>I notice that Best Lil' Harphouse is suggesting Suzuki harmonicas
>require several hours of gentle breathing/chording before attempting to
>really reef on the harp. Is this recommended for all harmonicas?

If you are playing a particular harp for the first time, it's not a
bad idea to take it easy at first, until you get a feel for how the
instrument responds. However, this is more a case of "breaking in" the
player, rather than doing anything magical to the reeds.

For more of my ramblings on this topic:

http://www.patmissin.com/ffaq/q8.html

 -- Pat.