Re: American D-4 Salt Shaker Mic

I have and use an American D-4 Mic. They have a
dynamic element. Here are my comments (and others),
viewable on www.harmonicamasterclass.com

====================================

American D4T - Mic works, but output is very low. This
is a decent size to hold, but very heavy.  I have
never seen players use this mic. [David Barratt]

"I have an American DT4 Salt Shaker and I disagree
with you entirely about it having a low output. Of the
20 or so vintage mics and new or custom ones I have/
or have had, this one has probably the BIGGEST output,
warm, not too crunchy, but with a very strong bottom
end.  Sadly, your element must have died."  [Dave
Shannon]

"I have to agree with Dave Shannon on his comments on
the American Saltshaker mic. I just picked one up on
eBay for a mere $20.00 with the intention of using the
shell for a rare CR element that I recently purchased.
With its handy screw-on connector, I figured what the
heck, I'll give it a quick try before I dissect it.
Wow! Huge tone and real loud output. And especially
loud before feedback. More so than any other
mic I own or have used (which is virtually every type
there is). It looks like I'm still searching for
another CR shell because this baby is staying just the
way it is!"  [Fast Freddy]

I have a spare D-4, fully working. It just needs a
lead wired in to the connector (which I have). If
anyone is interested, contact me off list and you can
have it at a bargain price.

Dave Shannon
The Odyssey Blues Quartet
http://www.kickas.at/odyssey