Re: Rick Estrin & Magic Dick

Want to be clear about J. Geils...

Here's what I said:
************
>As Barbeque Bob mentions, blues was what brought the J. Geils band together
early on. The hard driving rock blues came with Peter Wolf, and a brief period
of great music that was comercially successful. Then they went down the MTV
crapper with stuff like Angel in the Centerfold..... (it was *my* blood running
cold...).<
***********************
Please note that I didn't say it was Peter Wolf that brought about the
schlock of Centerfold.... I said their good rock & blues stuff included him. I liked
his fronting of the band during the Full House period. The keyboard guy
should be shot (although I'm sure that Centerfold song brought in some pretty nice
cash..). In fact, the Freeze Frame Album was their best seller... maybe it was
their MTV video with all those cuties. Nothing wrong with cuties, a LOT wrong
with MTV...

Going back to refresh my memory from junior high and high school days, I
checked the jgeils.com website. This confirmed my memory that the J.Geils Blues
Band was playing blues standards @1968 in Boston as a trio. Peter Wolf joined up
with a drummer and keyboard player and added the rockin' /R&B edge to their
Atlantic era stuff that I love. Hell, it was one of many things that got me
playing harp back then.

Watching some early heroes (Atlantic era J. Geils Band including Peter Wolfe)
selling out gave me the same feeling I got when the Beatles' Revolution 1st
played on a Nike TV ad.

Peter Wolf = good.

Na na na nana na.... na na na.... nana na na na = bad.

Andy Vincent

Harp content: Ptere Wolf tried to play harp on at least one of his solo post
J.Geils efforts.