Re: tight fit speaker (Blues Jr. and Weber AlNiCo speakers)

Hi,

I want to thank all those who responded on and
off-list regarding my question about fitting a
Weber 12A150 speaker (AlNiCo - P12N) into my Blues
Junior amp. I've learned that Weber's AlNiCo
magnets are Huge and apparently won't fit in the
BJ, even if the bell cover is removed.

Here's the final word from Ted Weber himself:

"Unfortunately, the Big AlNiCo ring magnet speakers
won't fit in the BJ. That includes the 12A150,
AlNiCo Blue Dog, and the Celstion reissue Blue Dog.
Thanks very much for your interest,
- --Ted"

I'm bummed, but only slightly. Weber makes a killer
"FerroMax" ceramic magnet 12F150 (C12N) speaker
that will fit the BJ and I'm sure it will blow me
away (and it's less expensive).

I've looked into the MojoTone MP12R which also
sports an AlNiCo magnet (6 oz vs 40 oz Weber), and
will, apparently fit into the BJ, but it's also got
a smaller (1") voice coil too (Weber's is 1/1/2")
and is only rated for 20 watts (Weber's is rated
for 25 watts). Not sure the MojoTone would be as
loud or be able to take the abuse I intend to give
it. ;-)

Anyway, I'll post on-list my Weber ceramic / BJ
results in a few months.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens