Re: XB-40 Question

Skip asked:
....Would it make better sense for a new player to learn, right off the bat, on
an XB-40, or wait until he has become proficient on the basic diatonic
harmonica.........Thank you, in advance, for your replies.....Skip

Good question.  I haven't played an XB-40.  But recent posts have peaked my
interest, so I've ordered one, and now I'll wait til God know when.
Nonetheless, it appears that the XB-40 plays very well as a "standard"
diatonic.  However, it has certain flexibilities that may require a player
to "unlearn/relearn" certain blow/draw patterns they may be very comfortable
with.  I think Mark Wilson predicted the XB-40 will be in a player's arsenal,
but probably won't replace their favorite Marine Band, Sp 20, or what have
you.  I think I agree with him.  I'd say order an XB-40 now, and get a couple
of standard diatonics to play during the wait.  Most, if not all you learn,
should be tranferable to the XB-40.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt