Re: Renee Geyer album harp solo

absolutely right, steven,  just me bitchin'.

i just wanted to hear more - and from what he gave out it would have suited the singer's style on other tracks I am sure.

btw also check out Christian Marsh's jazz track at:

http://www.abc.net.au/newcastle/musicawards/stories/s902758.htm

send in a vote by email to bump him up the line for the local music awards.

I thought he had another entry in another category but i can't find it now.

It's great stuff and very inspiring to see some harmonica represented by such a player for a local competition. A good (but sadly brief) bio on stuff he has done. I thought I read here he had completed a music degree in chromatic harmonica(?)

I think you can get his cd at Doug's Blue Tongue Lizard School - or Christian himself, no doubt.

No connection - blah, blah, blah - Blue Tongue came thru with delivery promptly on  my first chromatic - CX12 - just for the record - wish i had got a chromatic sooner - learning 4th position on a diatonic really pays off on a chrom lol - no button  push to worry about - and that dodgy 3 hole  bend(root) disappears !

does anybody know if Dave Barrett's Chromatic Blues manual requires a 16 holer or a chrom in a particular key?

I guess with a 12 you just don't have that extra low octave.

I guess if it uses a C key it will be focussing on D blues? - is that the go, you generally play 3rd pos on a chrom and learn to stretch yr mouth across 5 holes for octaves?

I been charting blues scales for E, A, B, C, D, G, F and slowly practising them all so i can noodle over chords... but as for riffs i am really in the dark - i can sit down and transpose diatonic riffs but I am thinking you probably would prefer to play them on a diatonic to get that extra bend expression anyway.

crowley

>>> <Gatorharp@xxxxxxx> 08/19/03 10:42am >>>

Mark.Crowley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< well I am certainly not going to argue with their choice of hamonica
player (do they realise what they had in the studio- I doubt it) - it's a shame
they only got him for the one as it's real sweet - comes back to the old
'respect' thing i think. >>

maybe they just wanted to do other things on the other songs.  a lack of harp
shouldn't automatically be viewed as some lack of respect thing.

steven j gatorman
- --
Harp-l is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
Hosted by ValuePricehosting.com, http://www.valuepricehosting.com