Thank God for Hohner

In a recent post, I had mentioned that =93broken supplier promises=94 =
had
led to our inability to provide a customer with timely delivery on a
Marine Band in Low D.  The supplier in this case was NOT Hohner =96 we =
buy
Hohner harmonicas from distributors all over the USA.  Some of these
distributors do a good job of stocking Hohner=92s complete line; =
however,
many do not.  The special tunings are a constant challenge for us to
obtain.  I must work to find a distributor who stocks the lows, highs
and Country tuned models on a consistent basis.  Hohner has a good stock
of Low D=92s and has had them for quite a while =96 it was frustrating =
to me
AND them that I could not find a supplier who had them.  One thing is
for sure, my inability to get the Low D was not Hohner=92s fault.
=20
Hohner stocks a huge variety of models =96 bigger than any other =
harmonica
company in the world that I have ever found.  How they do this I don=92t
know, because as I have gotten into harmonica manufacturing with our
Bushman line, I have learned how costly it is to stock just 3 or 4
models =96 let alone hundreds.  Hohner has made a business for me, and I
am not putting any blame on them.  Hohner has been WONDERFUL about
supporting the Bean Blossom Blues Fest =96 if you read my bio at
http://harpdepot.com/aboutus.cfm you will see that I have had a love for
Hohner that goes back to 1969.  I have visited the Hohner factory in
Trossingen Germany twice and have received the royal, red carpet
treatment both times.
=20
No, I don=92t want to put Hohner in any bad light.  Plus, now I am =
really
feeling warm and fuzzy towards them since the XB40=92s have arrived in =
the
USA.  My distributor has sent my shipment of XBs directly down to the
SPAH convention.
=20
John
Harp Depot