Re: tight fit speaker

On a very similar note...

I'm thinking of putting in a Weber 12A150 (P12N)
into my Blues Jr. but am afraid that thick Alnico
magnet just won't fit. Anyone have experience with
this? Can it be done? Is it too tight?

My alternative choice is a Weber 12F150 (C12N) with
ceramic magnet, that I'm told is another great
speaker choice for harp players.

Thanks for any useful input you might have.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

- --- Bob Maglinte <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi John,
> Much like what was the reason for the bell covers
> had to be removed from the
> originalJensen P10R's on the REAL '59 Bassman,
> the bell covers were strictly
> cosmetic and were removed so the covers wouldn't
> hit the tubes or the
> chassis, and this is a very similar sitation
> here. If you get the book, "A
> Desktop Reference of Hip Vintage Guitar Amps,
> available thru either
> http://www.amazon.com or
> http://www.kendrick-amps.com you'll find the
> absolute best article ever written about the 4-10
> Bassman, and this problem
> with the Pro Junior is very nsimilar, so don't
> sweat it.
>
> Sincerely,
> Barbeque Bob Maglinte
> Boston, MA

http://www.valuepricehosting.com

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens