Re: XB-40 Report!

> How does the XB-40 compare to the suzuki valved
> diatonic? One of you wrote it sounds like a
> chrom. Which is the case with the valved suzuki
> aswell. If it plays with the same sort of feel
> then I'm not impressed....
>
> Regards,
> Jerome Blanes

Hi Jerome,

Never played a valved Suzuki but I can say it does have
the feel of a valved instrument when you play it.  I don't know
about you but when I really lean into a valved harp I  have
this underlying feeling I'm going to break something.  I feel that a
bit with the XB-40, although  I can say I've put about 31/2 hours on
mine with no problems whatsoever.

My prediction after digesting things for a while is that the average blues
player will keep one in his bag and pull it out on occasision, but it will
not
replace his Marine Bands, Sp 20's, Lee Oskars etc..

I also predict that the next Howard or Carlos is going to come along
soon and do some amazing things with this instrument.

Mark Wilson