Re: XB-40 Report!

"Mark Wilson" <markwilson53@xxxx> wrote:
> Re: mic repairFound my XB-40 in C in my mail box yesterday.
8<
> The most exciting thing, obviously, is the note bending capabilities.  Within
10 seconds of putting the harp in my mouth I'd blown a deep rich 4 *blow bend*
with ease.  The 5 and 6 blows were very easy to bend as well. Like a regular
diatonic the lower notes are a bit more difficult although I was blow bending
those notes as well within just a few minutes. I worked up several very bluesy
licks centered around the 4 blow bend within no time.  There are lots of
exciting possibilities here.

> Overall the harp appears to be well built, is attractive, lightweight, and
seems to deliver on it's promises.  I've already picked my way through a couple
of melodies that were impossible (for me) on a standard diatonic.  If it turns
out to be a durable instrument and is affordable to repair I'll definitely be
picking up some additional keys in the near future.

> Mark Wilson

And now playing in 7th position is an easy reality for anyone who picks up
an XB-40.
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/intervalsfifths.html

Sounds like its high time for MyQuill to update his Java layout program
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/myquill/HarpLayoutGenerator.html
and Javier to update HARPING! for producing XB-40 tab
http://harping.freeyellow.com/download.html

Look forward to hearing reports from new owners in three months time, when the
novelty has worn off and see opinions of their performance in the wild.
Remember, Little Walter never used one of these things.

Must be said though: Excellent work Rick Epping!
Its finally pushed through!
Cheers
G.