Re: Harp Depot

  I walk a nice little tightrope on this list. I have to appear as myself,
as Pres of SPAH and as a maker of the Renaissance harmonica.  Luckily the
majority of list readers recognise the differences and allow me the luxury
of being able to state my mind as a person when I might have a different
view as SpahPres etc.!  Thank you for that.

In this instance it is good to be able to speak with one voice.

If you have ever met the guy you will realise that John Hall positively
glows with his enthusiasm for the harmonica. Unlike many successful
business men he hasn't lost his love of what he is doing and his contact
with the wide range of people who are his customer base.  This is why he is
such a tremendous asset when he comes to SPAH... as a business man, to sell
harmonicas (which he does well) and to hang with people and give, give,
give (which he does superbly in his now famous auction at the end of SPAH
... and BHF!).

Sure, being nice is a great sales pitch... but in this case it is a genuine
reflection of what the real life, non commercial person is like.

Several years ago John came to Bobbie and me for a little help with the
design and production of what was to become the Bushman harp... we
willingly gave it
and I believe some of it was of use. Why do that to a harmonica selling
rival (He sells 200 Bushmans, we sell one Renny ... he ought to sub US!)
Reason? we have trust in the guy... his aim is to make this harmonica world
better with what he does.

Last week, being incarcerated in the UK I wanted to send a harmonica to the
States so that it could be shown off at SPAH... SO... choose Good Old Fedex...
"Priority next day delivery if booked before one, delivery IN US next day
before 10:30 am."   They didn't collect before the 5:00pm they said...I
rang up at 5:30 pm  ... "Sorry, driver stuck in traffic... we apologise for
this, parcel will go free"  (They collected half an hour later...)

The fact that the rest of the deal went to the dogs because of the air
chaos due to blackouts  and the Blaster virus doesn't matter... They had a
prob, they apologised and fixed it the best way they could.(and saved me $65)

EVERY business has problems... Lord alone knows there has been the
occasional whopper with Renny! (And with SPAH... and with some things I
have said as a 'person' :))

If you have a problem... try and get it fixed... cut a little slack,
especially if you are in any type of business yourself... did you never
make a mistake?

Vested interest in Harp Depot?  Do you know, that RAT John Hall doesn't
even give me discount!!

Douglas Tate
President ... SPAH