From: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Melissa Hall
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2003 10:06 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Harp Depot has another new Bushman called the Delta Frost

John Hall here from Harp Depot, I am looking forward to SPAH next week.
It's always a blast.  This year will be especially exciting because I'll
get to
see what everybody there thinks of the new Suzuki Magic Garden and the
other new Suzuki designs and the brand new Bushman Delta Frost that I'll
be unveiling for first time.

Normally I refrain from posting to Harp-l in fear of sounding like I'm
advertising, but a post was made yesterday that I must address.  Chris
Moran complained about our service.  ALWAYS know that there are 2
sides to every story.  Harp Depot has STRICT policy of issuing a credit
back to a customer the minute they ask for one - Chris never called to
cancel or ask for a refund.  He posted straight to this list on which a
negative post can hurt a company for years.  We do charge a person's
card when they place their order if we have the merchandise in stock or
we have it on the way to us.  If we get any broken promises from a
supplier, which happened with Moran's order for a Marine Band Low D,
by the way Chris most people don't consider a Low D a "fairly comon
harp", we
can get caught waiting.  At that point, we are HAPPY to credit back a
charge IMMEDIATELY.  Chris never gave us that chance.  What's really
frustrating is that while he was typing that post we were shipping his
order - I had to catch it on the way out, to cancel it.  When I called
Chris
to discuss his post and tell him I'd issue an immediate credit, he
didn't
want to talk.  If he would've talked to me for a minute we could've
resolved his complaint - I would've even been happy to upgrade his
shipping to UPS Blue Label and give him a tracking # while he waited
on the phone, but instead he just posts.

He probably did that because he was frustrated that he could not reach
Harp Depot on the phone yesterday(Friday).  Effective August 1st, we are
closed on Fridays.  This business has been taking 12+ hours of my life
per
day.  With out-of-control taxes, insurance and holiday pay, I can't
afford
to hire another employee.  The margins in the harmonica business do not
allow for any extras or any mistakes.  Being closed on Fridays allows me
to wrap-up loose ends created during the week, pay bills and organize
for
next week.  And it allows for a little sanity.

Before posting to this permanent public record, please call me.  If we
are
closed, call my private cell any time after 6am and before 10pm central
time any day of the week:  317-250-8156.  You will find that I love
harmonica players, I'll do everything possible to make them happy, and
I'll
NEVER knowingly mistreat anyone.

I received a nasty email from a Wally Walters in response to Moran's
post.
Wally implied that he's not coming to my Bean Blossom Blues Fest because
of the Moran deal.  Wally, that would be your loss - not mine.  The Bean
is a DREAM weekend for harmonica players - ask ANYONE who's been there!
This year Hohner is sponsoring the harmonica contest and we're giving
harmonicas to everyone who enters - and other than the cost to get into
the
Fest there's no fee to enter the contest.  It's like getting paid in the
form
of a harmonica to play a 5 minute open mic set.  With harmonica players
like Rick Estrin, Buddy Greene, Billy Branch, Peter Harper, Mike
Nazarenko,
and others, it's going to be almost as much fun listening as it will be
jamming
around the campfires.  The Marshall Tucker Band will even include a
harmonica player.  There's a reason why the Bean has grown to the size
that it is (we're expecting over 10,000 people this year including 1,000
or
so harmonica enthusiasts), because at the root of it all, deeper than my
desire to make money, is my love of people and music and putting the
two together.

To see the new Delta Frost click
http://harpdepot.com/productdetail/~Model/7~/d.html

To read about the Bean Blossom Blues Fest
http://harpdepot.com/blues.cfm

John Hall
Harp Depot
(800) 783-7996