Re: tight fit speaker

If it sounds good, go with it. The only concern's that I would have =
would be a rattle
or microphonics from the tube close to the speaker but it sounds like =
your clear of that.

Scooter

  I just put a new speaker in my Pro Jr.  I had to take the magnet cover =
off in order to close the amp back up.  The magnet is now very close to =
the power tubes -- it is touching one of the skinny springs that holds =
the retainer on the power tubes.  It is not touching the tube.  It is =
not touching the retainer.  The spring is not touching the tube.  It =
sounds great to me.

  Any reason I should not go with this?  Any problem with having the =
magnet cover off (does it have a purpose?) or the magnet so close to the =
powere tubes?

  BTW and FYI, it's a Weber 10A100 (aka P10R).  T A Weber said they =
could make one up with a shallower basket, but of course I don't want to =
part with this one unless it may be a problem.     ---  Even if you =
think I picked the wrong speaker, I'd appreciate your opinion on this =
situation   :-)  ---

  Thanks in advance!   --john k.

- -----
  Do you Yahoo!?