tight fit speaker

I just put a new speaker in my Pro Jr.  I had to take the magnet cover off in order to close the amp back up.  The magnet is now very close to the power tubes -- it is touching one of the skinny springs that holds the retainer on the power tubes.  It is not touching the tube.  It is not touching the retainer.  The spring is not touching the tube.  It sounds great to me.

Any reason I should not go with this?  Any problem with having the magnet cover off (does it have a purpose?) or the magnet so close to the powere tubes?

BTW and FYI, it's a Weber 10A100 (aka P10R).  T A Weber said they could make one up with a shallower basket, but of course I don't want to part with this one unless it may be a problem.     ---  Even if you think I picked the wrong speaker, I'd appreciate your opinion on this situation   :-)  ---

Thanks in advance!   --john k.

Do you Yahoo!?