Re: Lip Sores?

G. wrote:

> Yes I get sores inside my lips.  Mouth ulcers and cold sores are a real
pain.
> I find that if I'm tired and fatigued and haven't been eating properly
this
> happens more regularly.

Yes.  Contact with the harp aside, any use of muscles, including lip
muscles, produce some toxins that are an after effect of that use.

If you are well rested, drink lots of water and eat right, the body flushes
out those toxins and ill effects are not noticed.  As you get too little
rest, and especially if you drink more caffine, or eat sweets, salt, etc, to
make it through the day job or gigs, or if you are run down due to partying
too much those toxins really start compounding.

That's when sores start - they are like pimples on the inside of the mouth -
caused by the release of those toxins.

I can see my problems starting when my lips get puffy.  I know at that point
that I better start flushing out - drinking water, taking a sauna-like
shower and getting more sleep.

Jason