Re: Lip Sores?

Steve/n0tu wrote:

> The QUESTION: Is it common amongst you 'old blues dawgs' <meant here as
> complement> to get sores on the INSIDE of your lips from blowin' too much
> harp? Geez, did I over do it on my harpin' ?! Or is this maybe some kind of
> chem-reaction to the brass(or other metals)?
>
> Seriously they look like little tiny blisters in both corners of my mouth....

      Hey Steve - I've had these for years but they've never bothered me.I don't
have them in the corners of my mouth since I'm not a TBer - I have them toward
the center of my lips where the harp touches while playing with a pucker and lip
block.No soreness just some very small, deep blister-like things.I view them as
"work calluses" and just figured everyone who plays harp has them, although I've
never really talked to other harp players about
it.                                                 Jeff