Lip Sores?

My wife was out of town this last week soo I spent the weekend in 'my cave'
in the basement blowin' harp (lost track of time, emerged only for food and
drink and a few Zz's - it was GREAT!)

The QUESTION: Is it common amongst you 'old blues dawgs' <meant here as
complement> to get sores on the INSIDE of your lips from blowin' too much
harp? Geez, did I over do it on my harpin' ?! Or is this maybe some kind of
chem-reaction to the brass(or other metals)?

Seriously they look like little tiny blisters in both corners of my mouth
(inside and out) from where the reed plates rubbed on the same part of the
lips (while TBing) by constantly repeating several riffs for hours on end!
How do you avoid these little unpleasantries or can you? (Oh yes, I'm a
beginner!) Suggestions?

"Sore Lips" ...and BTW doc it only hurts when I laugh or play harp!! (darn!)
~ SteveG