Re: free anti-virus download / NO HARP CONTENT

I HIGHLY recommend that you do this immediately if you're using Windows XP
Home.

I got nailed by this virus Monday, and I'm extremely careful about viruses.
I never open files sent to me uninvited, even from (and especially from)
people I know. Many viruses replicate themselves by attaching themselves to
emails and sending them out to addresses in your contact list.

If you get the RPC message, immediately go download the patch. I found that
the time between logging on and the appearance of the error message that
causes your computer to reboot became shorter and shorter. If you use a
dial-up connection, like I do, you won't have enough time to download the
patch before the virus reboots your PC.

I had to get a friend to download the patch to a CD for me. I just installed
it and, so far so good.

This is a scary virus, but the good news is that it doesn't seem to affect
your files. I was also able to use my PC normally when offline.

Jimbeau