Hering Vintage Review

 I finally got my 2 Hering Vintage harps yesterday. Took some time to get
them (back-ordered), and I almost cancelled. When I went to the computer, I found
an email telling me they'd been shipped, and I'm glad I waited.
 These harps are excellent!  I couldn't put them down all day. Not a
productive work-day, but playing went very well...
 I got an A and a C harp. They're the most airtight, responsive, and
downright fun harps I've ever gotten out-of-box. Zero leakage, max volume, and when I
hit them hard, they have this audacious bark. Well-tuned, and yes I do notice
the difference between these and anything I've played in the past several
years. I'm no expert on the different tuning approaches, ("just" etc.), other than
to my ear these harps "just" sound better.
  Only (minor) complaint...no support for the cover plates at the back end of
the harp, I can tell they'll eventually get smushed down with handling over
the coming months. Anyone come up with a dependable "block" or something to
give things a little support back there without compromising sound or structure?

  Great to get an inspirational boost from a new product. Bends, both blow
and draw, are fluid and dynamic on pretty much all the holes, especially
noticable on the high end,,,they feel solid, not vulnerable like so many other harps
I've played.
 Someone mentioned taping the inside of the covers to lessen a perceived
"brassiness" in the tone.  I find with alterations in embouchure and/or "attack",
I can get a wide variation in tonal qualities, and like the fact that when I
WANT to get that "trumpety" tone, I've got that as well.

  All in all...thumbs up from this neck of the woods, I'm buyin' more ~
anyone know a source without a 2-month wait?

  Jeff G
  Denver

  PS ~ Sincere apologies if this email comes with html garbage. Aol sucks,
but doesn't bend so well.

 Andrew, you musta got a bad apple