Re: THE BLUES on PBS (long)

In a message dated 8/11/03 8:27:18 AM, harplicks@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2003: "WARMING BY THE
> DEVIL'S FIRE"
> Director Charles Burnett (Killer of Sheep, My
> Brother's Wedding, To Sleep with Anger) presents
> a tale about a young boy's encounter with his
> family in Mississippi in 1955, and
> intergenerational tensions between the heavenly
> strains of gospel and the devilish moans of the
> blues.>>

Got to view this segment of the series through
a friend of Charles Burnett. I didn't like the story all that much
and had seen most of the archival film clips before, but I think to a general
audience it will be quite illuminating and enjoyable. Harp content: the is a
clip
of sonnyboy williamson from england with chris barber.
HB