Re: Canned Heat

On Saturday night I had the pleasure of attending my first Canned Heat
concert, and seeing my old friend Stanley Behrens in his role as
vocalist, harmonica, sax, and flute artist with the group, reformed in
late 1999. Drummer Fito de la Parra is the only original member still
involved, but the current group leaves no holes! The missing sounds of
Bob Hite and Alan Wilson is barely detectable.

It was part of the Santa Clarita Concerts In The Parks Series, and there
was hardly anywhere to sit in this huge park - lots of boogie lovers in
this area, I learned. Had a great time listening to the Heat's signature
tunes, as well as some newer songs, one of which was written by Stanley.
The group was tight, as it should be after touring an average of 100,000
miles a year since 1999! Spend most of their time in Europe where they
are really appreciated, but certainly the Santa Clarita people gave them
a roaring welcome on their US Tour. Maybe they will spend more time in
the US if this was any indication of their popularity. Catch their US
tour dates on our giglist.

For any interested, I have posted a few photos from last night at:
http://www.bassharp.com/cannedheat.htm and their official site is at:
http://www.cannedheatmusic.com

Danny