Re: Hohner 1490 Blues Blaster Harmonica Mic

I agree with Richard that testing each mic with whatever amp(s) it will be
used with is crucial, especially if you are looking at a 1490. The crystal
elements vary (sometimes greatly) from one to another. A good one has clear
cut with nice crunch depending on the amp. Someone else's response mentioned
that Hohner took these out of production but I believe they have brought
them back ( I think I saw a press release from July 2003 on it). If this is
true I cannot say whether Hohner changed the element on the new ones or not.
It wouldn't surprise me if they switched it to a dynamic element like they
did for the Shure 520DX. I don't want to jump on somebody else's thread here
but has anybody heard about any of this 1490 reissue story? It might be
helpful for Jude to know.