Re: Hering Vintage 1923

timbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> They are great for chugging. They are loud and have a nice bright tone.
>
> I would be very hesitant to say they sound "better" than a Special 20,
> that's just a matter of opinion.
>
> They sound different to my ear but they are very similar in tuning. I think
> you'll like them (I do) but I don't think you will say "Wow, this is 5 times
> better than a Special 20!!!".
>
> Tim Bennett
> Indianapolis, IN

I bought a Hering Vintage 1923 and have to say it is a harmonica that is
truly not worth the money. The harp is leaky, metallic tasting, and has reeds that
play and feel as though they were cut out of aluminum foil. I have seen many
on the list rave about these harps ,but I have to say that it are way
overblown (no pun intended). If you want a harp that plays like a Marine Band, buy a
Marine Band. The Hering Vintage 1923 is a bad harmonica, and this is surprising
coming from Hering which actually makes decent harps. I do not know how this
model found its way out of the drawing board, but I wish it hadn't
particularly from a company that knows better. Guys if you are on the fence, don't waste
the dough.

Andrew