Re: Hering Vintage 1923

> Hi  Bob
>
> The reason I'm interested is that I find that I'm doing more chording in
my
> playing and my LO's don't sound that good. I have a couple of Special 20's
> that sound better, so I'm just wondering if these 1923's sound even better
at
> chording? And is there any trade off's with this?
>
> Thanks Gary

They are great for chugging. They are loud and have a nice bright tone.

I would be very hesitant to say they sound "better" than a Special 20,
that's just a matter of opinion.

They sound different to my ear but they are very similar in tuning. I think
you'll like them (I do) but I don't think you will say "Wow, this is 5 times
better than a Special 20!!!".

Tim Bennett
Indianapolis, IN