Re: QUERIES RE TONGUE.

- --- sean stephens <thepriapist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. Is a 3hole tongue split ever employed in
> playing.What I mean by this is, say whilst
> drawing in on holes 2,3,4, block 3 to give a 2-4
> split.

Hey Sean,

Although I've never used is particular interval in
a blues context, it can have ~very~ nice
applications in non-blues songs.

Try playing a simple song like 'Oh Susanna'
starting on the blow 2-4 split and maintain that
split throughout the song. Play it very slowly. The
lower note in the split offers a very sweet harmony
line.

Good Luck!

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens