Re: QUERIES RE TONGUE.

Sean wrote:<snip<
>1. Is a 3hole tongue split ever employed in playing.What I mean by this is,
>say whilst drawing in on holes 2,3,4, block 3 to give a 2-4 split.I came
>across this in a transcription of Little Walter's ahww Baby, however have
>never encountered it in instruction books etc before or since.It seems
>quite a tough embouchere.

Hi Sean

It's an embouchure that takes some getting used to, but once you have it
it's a real nice sound.
Listen to Steve Baker on one of the recent cd's he did with Chris Jones -
you'll hear it being used several times.
Otherwise you won't find too many examples - in blues it is not widely used.

Ludo

MSN Zoeken, voor duidelijke zoekresultaten! http://search.msn.be