Re: Bluegrass Harp was Walter 'Red' Parham

timbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< That's a very interesting response. I consider Walter Parham, DeFord
Bailey,
 and Doc Watson to be icons of bluegrass harmonica playing. They often played
 bluegrass music. They certainly weren't limited to it... all of them could
 play many different styles. >>

i'm not familiar with parham, but i would classify the others as either
country or, in bailey's case, maybe old timey.  bluegrass is kinda strict, which is
not to say it can't include harp, just that the bailey i've heard didn't
sound like bluegrass to me.  i need to get his album for myself, though...

steven j gatorman