Re: 12th position = 1st Flat Position

i also agree with mike (longtime, stranger) and george.

it's 1st flat (first flat), not 1 flat (one flat).  this is all relative to
the key of the harp.  i think part of the confusion occurs because folks tend
to automatically go to the key of C in explaining things, and if we do first
flat will indeed have one flat, second flat will have two, etc.
if we use an A harp, we have key of D as first flat position, a key with two
~sharps~.  second flat position would be key of G, and key with one sharp.

hopefully this helps, and doesn't further muddy the water...

steven j gatorman