Re: Walter 'Red' Parham

> Well, he's definitely doing at least some tongue blocking and I don't
> think I hear anything that can't be done with a TB. hard to be any
> more definite than that, but most of the guys in this tradition were
> TBers all the way.
>
>  -- Pat.

He was extremely talented. I can certainly hear the TB in his first position
playing...

I was thinking he probably switched to pucker to do the dog howls/woofing
and the chicken clucking. That's probably because I couldn't do it from a TB
embouchre. (I have no theories at all on the mule braying!)

Do you know of any other bluegrass players of comparable ability? Excluding
the modern guys...

Thanks,

Tim Bennett
Indianapolis, IN