Re: Eva Cassidy WITH harp-content

Eva Cassidy was one of a number of artists that literally inspired my band into
creation.  I was fortunate to see and hear her before she crossed over.  The
core of my band used to play everything on "The Other Side", "Live at Blues
Alley" and "Eva by Heart."  We still do many of her songs.  We are fortunate to
have a great female singer in Marianne Matheny-Katz, who can take an Eva song
and do it justice.

As for harp content:  As a harp player I was challenged to come up with a
suitable harp solo or backing rythym for her music.  On "Let The Good Times
Roll" Chuck Brown does a scat verse, that I basically played on an F
harp. "Wayfaring Stranger" is one where I do backing rythym and put in a sweet
solo using an Ab.  Her music defies categorization(one reason she was
not "recognized" sooner by the industry), as such it presents interesting
challenges for a harp player venturing from Blues to Jazz.

She was a great talent. Its a tragic loss.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt