Daily Almanac - August 4

Country singer-songwriter Billy Cox was born on this day  in 1897.  Cox
learned to play the harmonica from his mother while growing up in West
Virginia.  During the 1920's and thirties he was quite popular on the radio
and even cut a few records before falling into obscurity in the 1940's.
For more about the life, career and recordings of Billy Cox, please visit:
http://www.eharmonica.net/billy_cox.htm

Jazz piano and harmonica player Ron Kalina was born on this day in 1928.  He
started playing the harmonica at the age of four and has recorded behind
other musicians as well as doing a couple of albums of his own.
For more about the life, career and recordings of Ron Kalina, please visit:
http://www.eharmonica.net/ron%20kalina.htm

Birthday greetings go out to list member Ed Auty.  Ed's been a great guy and
I'm sure we all wish him the very happiest of birthdays.

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net