Re: Eva Cassidy ( no harp- content)

gonz1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I just discovered a singer named Eva Cassidy.  I know that I cannot be the
only one that knows about this remarkable singer.  I picked up 2 CD's by her
and have been listening to them non-stop.  There is not a harmonica to be
found in her music anywhere that I found.  However, man can this woman sing!!  I
mean, shit!!
 This is a great voice.  There are several styles that she performs in the 2
CD's that I have and she pulls all of them off with equal excellence.  >>

my father-in-law hipped me to her a few years ago...she's from the same area,
and he had seen her in a club there (the same club where her live album was
cut).  i've got four of her discs, and there are two more i'm looking to get.
she does "stormy monday" on the live disc, and though it's a song i've come to
not enjoy hearing, i love her version.  and as others have already said, she
makes each and every song her own.  tasteful without being boring, great voice
without being showy.
i will disagree that she was poised for stardom.  companies that looked at
her didn't know how to market her, so that had held her back somewhat.  also,
she wasn't ~that~ into getting the big deal.
harp content would be that nighthawks harpman mark wenner was thanked in the
liner notes on one album.

steven j gatorman