De Lurking - Less is more

Hi Fellow Harmonicists,
I'll try to keep it short.

The value and quality I get from this site, and you people out there is
wonderful and I thank you all.
Your input and responses are filling what has generally been a big gap in my
life.
... there are really serious players out there.

I have a problem, touched on by  Pete Brunelli.
Amongst the excellent stuff there is a significant amount of noise. The
problem for me is that
my noise, is your excellent stuff, and visa versa.
Though this site has great stuff, there is just so much... so many emails to
read in an otherwise busy evening
to filter out the great from the .... chatter.
I appreciate the use of clear subject descriptors, it allows me to delete
80% without reading them
and I know I'm losing a lot of good stuff, but I just cannot read it all. I
don't read very quickly.

Sometimes I feel like throwing in my 2 cents worth, and think... do you all
need to read this.
Is this good meaty stuff?.. and often it isn't.

Last time I was a member of this site, I discontinued my membership because
It was taking so long to
delete the hundreds (no exaggeration) of emails that were not critical,
while keeping the few associated with work, personal friends etc. I now have
been a member for a few weeks again, and again I wonder how long I can
keep up the effort of the huge sort each few days.

My request is... If it isn't a question that needs to be answered, or some
information that will be of value
to many, can we reduce the overwhelming number of inputs. (this being
another one). If it is more a 1 to 1
thing, can it go direct to them not to us. (I'm guilty of doing this too).

Or.. am I being unreasonable?

Dave