Re: Eva Cassidy ( no harp- content)

Eva Cassidy's arrangement of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" has been an
inspiration to me ever since I first heard it...total respect for the
original, and a perfectly original "take" on the song at the same
time.

The old adage is "make a song your own"...she did.

Great talent, great loss.

No harp content, sure, but I think mentioning the exceptionally
talented folks that inspire us is perfectly fair game. As another,
I've learned a huge amount about arranging, dynamics, songwriting and
phrasing from Skip Ewing...his voice, his writing and his
instrumentation. And I'm a better harp player becuase of it. I use all
sorts of his melodic approach as inspiration when I handle blues or swing
tunes that require prettiness at the same time they require maturity
and soul.

- --
Best regards,
 Ron/datadigr                            mailto:rdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx