Re: Great to be back home,-) was (Rob P)

Richard,
     Thanx for makin' it to my gig last night at Trumpet's glad you enjoyed
the show,-)
It was my first domestic gig since leaving for Europe on 7/2 and returning
on 7/28 and I had a blast seeing everyone!

      Although there wasn't a lot of Harmonica on the festivals I was at, I
did run into a few, one player, from the Avoine Bluesfestival did a nice
job, so I must dig out his CD once I unpack and I'll post his name. I did
run into to James Montgomery at breakfast in Prague and had a nice chat with
him. James is fronting Johnny Winter's band, singing and playin' some
terrific harp!

        The Festivals in europe are in full swing in July and there's some
great stuff to be heard, I enjoyed meeting and catching sets by: The Holmes
Brothers, Ten Years After, Candy Dulfer, Randy Newman, Bonnie Raitt, Roy
Hargrove, Soloman Burke, Sam Moore, Wilson Pickett at the airports we
chatted we legends like Bob Minzter, David Holland and  even the legendary
Herbie Hancock, they were all VERY nice cats!

        It looks like the Harmonica is doing fine in Europe, more and more
players being featured in all styles of bands.......I hope this will
continue to blossom. ( I found a Czech made echo harp and bought it used in
an antique shop!....sound great!) It was nice chatting with harp-ler Mark
Nesmith in Praque.....good luck there Mark!

      Once again................................happy to be home and maybe
I'll see a few of y'all in Dallas at SPAH, I'll be teaching at Joe Filisko's
"teach in's"....so do come by and say hi............all the
best...............rob paparozzi