Rob P

Had a chance to see Rob Paparozzi and the
Hudson River Rats (my wife calls them the
"rugrat" group - not a dis, she liked them a
lot) at Trumpets last night.  Good group and
Rob does a great job (second time I've seen
him there).  Good appreciative crowd too.

I was impressed again at the many techniques
he effortlessly weaves into his playing in a
very musical way, ie. technique as a way to
play better music, not gimmicks for their own
sake.

There's been some talk here lately about Sonny
Terry's whooping and how to do it - Rob knows -
he did some last night - very cool.

Good stuff.

Rich K