Message from Charlie Musselwhite

Howdy,

Just a little up-date note on what happened at the San Javier Jazz
Festival in San Javier, Spain: After I finished my set and before I
could go out to play the encore, the mayor and another city official
came on
stage and delivered a message in Spanish to the audience and then called
me out whereupon the official pinned a gold coat-of-arms-of-the-city pin
to my shirt and the mayor gave me a box which when opened
I could see a silver shield attached to a mahogany looking type wood.
Engraved on the silver platter is: El Festival De Jazz De San Javier / A
/ Charlie Musselwhite / Maestro Universal De La Armonica Por Su
Gran Aportacion Al Blues / Premio 6 Edicion / Julio 2003.

I understood that they give one of these to one person each year. I was
really knocked out, but was able to respond in my limited Spanish to the
audience and  to the people of the festival how I felt and they all
seemed to understand me because they cheered a lot and then I played
Cristo Redentor and wrapped up the show.

It was a real nice way to end my tour of Europe this year. -Charlie