BHF '95 Headliners Wanted

                        Buckeye Harmonica Festival - 1995
       The 19th anniversary celebration of the Buckeye State Harmonica Club
                                 April 7-8, 1995

    Hello folks, I hope you don't consider this commercial. BHF has lost money
    the last 18 years straight - and we don't intend to let ANYONE change
    that!  :-)   Plus we are chartered as non-profit in Ohio.

    [He steps off the apology rug and climbs up onto the soap box]

                        CALL FOR HEADLINER HARMONICA ACTS:

    It just occurred to me that HARP-L is a good source for info. on this.

    If you are, or know of a performer, group etc. please contact me privately
    via E-mail or snail mail. Or send me their name and we will contact them.

    I am not the festival coordinator for '95 - after 18 years I'm taking a
    rest but I will still be helping out and can relay information to the
    proper committee.

    FORMAT: Two day festival - paid admission, evening concerts. Three to four
    hours Friday and Saturday night. Number of performers/acts is usually from
    4 to 6. Length 1 hour. (We have had acts fill a 2+ hour slot - but only if
    we, and they want it)

    SPECIAL: Thursday evening we have a special "Dinner With The Stars" where
    all celebrities are special guests for dinner with the BSHC club members.

    REMUNERATION: A fee for performance is negotiated with each act.

    EXPENSE CONSIDERATIONS:

    	BSHC pays for (or provides) Meals, Lodging, Travel (negotiated mileage
        allowance, air fare, etc.,)

    SUMMARY: We treat pros right! Ask any who have performed for us.

    WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR THIS YEAR: As usual, we want a variety of acts.
    This year we hope to place extra emphasis on attracting more young people
    to our audience. That means some blues / jazz acts. However, we don't feel
    our typical audience will support a full evening of Blues or Jazz.

    SEMINAR: Pros are asked to hold or participate in seminars.

    WE HAVE OR WILL BE TALKING TO THE FOLLOWING:
    The Sgro Brothers, Peter MadCat Ruth, The Original Harmonica Sounds
    (Fla.), and a group from Chicago. If you know these people please give us
    the opportunity to make the first contact. Otherwise, send me some names.

    		Now, before this gets too long, thanks much!   Jack

         Jack Ely - Columbus, Ohio  --New Addr--> IMS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx