WCHC - What a club!!!!!

                            WINDY CITY HARMONICA CLUB

    I'm usually blowing the horn for BSHC but I gotta brag on Chicago. I've
    been to their WCHC/SPAH Festival (1992) and I know a lot of the guys from
    there but I guess I never put it all together until last night when Connie
    (who visited WCHC on a recent trip) played excerpts from a video of some
    of their activities. I knew WCHC was well organized and had a good club
    going - making room for all levels of players, etc. but...

    	[These clips were from a TV interview]

    Scene: Large group playing arrangement from real music - sounding like a
    real orchestra.

    Scene: Group of "beginners" playing some good stuff - from music.

    Scene: Bud Boblink is playing his chord (masterfully as usual) with the
    advanced group.

    Scene: Journalist is interviewing big "handsome" guy who is the leader of
    the blues room. -- none other than HARP-L's own "Buzz".  Amongst the
    several people in the room was another well known, Joe Felisko.

    ...And I suddenly realize, My God! This is like a harmonica who's who!
    Seemingly every harmonica player in Chicago (and there's a bunch of them)
    is active in this club - BTW, WCHC was founded (in Part?) by the great Al
    Fiore who is/was music director.

    So, if your near Chicago and not involved with this club - check it out.

    	Windy City Harmonica Club	Dick Zapf	(708) 352-4920
    	PO Box 1313
    	Oak Brook, IL 60522

         Jack Ely - Columbus, Ohio  --New Addr--> IMS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                       I gotta get outta this town!    ;-)