Re: Who plays on BR's version...(?)

Yep...we go way back -- back when Gary used to play harp in the halls
of the IU library to woo the young ladies into conversation.

When he first joined our band, "Nightshift," he didn't play much
(publicly) and would sidle around and slip in on numbers on our gigs.
(Not necessarily blues -- Gary would tackle anything on that harp.
We teased him -- calling it a "child's toy" -- which we sometimes
still do, but now he's getting famous for his skills.)

He's a dead-set traditionalist and a blues fanatic -- used to play
for 8 hrs at a stretch.  Now he "pays the cost" by living constantly
out of a suitcase and hardly ever landing at home.  But we keep in
steady touch and he usually crashes at our place whenever the band
swings through on their endless tour.  He's a good harp teacher too -
has his own "how to" tapes for sale, and gets me laughing every time
he tries to demonstrate tongue-blocking to me -- his descriptions!

Gary, Stuart and I (in different combinations) used to go to clubs on
Chicago's southside (Checkerboard) where he would get the crowd
moving with harp solos on tunes with Jr. Wells and Buddy -- and Phil
--Guy.  I have no doubt Gary'll be more than well known.

Don't tell him I said all this stuff...!  I could tell you stories
about Gary..but then, he could tell you about me...!   Gary'll be in
town this next Tuesday.  I intend to turn him on to Harp-L/Blues-L
(I've been saving some of the notes I get on the computer.  I know
he'll dig it.).  I'll pass on your kind comments and maybe get his
upcoming schedule to post on this wire.  Want me to give him any
other messages?

Yes, we have recordings.  We did two albums (self-releases) that did
well, and were a combination of R & B and Blues. I lately "ratted him
out" by giving an old recording of us doing "Never Trust a Man" in
1980 to a DJ in Indy who admires Gary.  When he comes through next
time, he's going to put it on the air in the middle of an interview.
Gary'll know instantly who the culprit is!

Well, enough about that rascal.  Seriously, though, I can assure you
that Gary is, beyond being a great musician, one of the finest humans
walking.  Besides that...he's a pervert; I like that in a person.
And how 'bout that Shorty on guitar?

Cathi