Re: Chromatics

I like the Hering 4 octave harmonica very much.  It has an excellent responce
to the breath vibato, and breath pressure (blow and draw).  I like to use it
for the Scott Joplin music.  It respons well to octave playing and tongue
switching.  I use the harmonica with my students.  The harmonica can give you
a nice warm sound, if you play it with just the right amount of breath
control and breath support to the tone.  You can shape the tones very nicely
on this harmonica for the PP, MF, F, and FF dynamics.  And, if you use your
cupping along with changing the shape the mouth cavity, you can obtain some
nice tone shading.  I find it is very important to use diaphragm breathing
with breath control in your playing.  This combined with the above in balance
with each other, will enable you to really control the tone quality of your
playing (Especially on this harmonica).  There have been some improvements to
the construction of the harmonica.  I think you will like it very much.

Richard Martin.