Re: is this right?

I think we will have to get the diatonic and blues experts, who know about
the mechanics of acoustics in reeds.  I did take a mirror and hold my
chromatic harmonica up to it to observe the action of a reed that does move
up (yes it does bend up from the top plate).  However, when you apply a
strong breath pressure to that same reed, I have observed that it appears to
flatten out slightly and the pitch becomes lower.  The reed definately slows
down in vibration and the pitch to gets lower.  As far as I can see, you
cannot use your breath pressure to raise the pitch on any reed.  The only way
to raise the pitch is to file or buff the front end of the reed.  If you want
to lower the pitch, you file or buff the back portion of the reed.  I can
only speak for the reed action of the chromatic harmonicas.  We need to have
Windslow, Lee Oscar, or some other expert on the diatonic and blues comment
on this.