Re: is this right?

>At 3:21 9/27/94, Ri58066217@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>I would like to bring to your attention somethings about "bending" the reeds.
>> There is no such thing as bending the reed "up."
>>[bobbit for bandwidth]
>
>What about, say, overblowing on 1 through 6?  You bend a blow note to a
>pitch that is higher than both the blow and the draw reeds.  Which reed
>(blow or draw) is making the sound is open for discussion, but whichever
>one it is, it is most definitely bending to a higher pitch.
>
>   -- hugh

According to all the info I've seen, research I've read about and
(amateurishly) duplicated myself, during bends and over-blows/draws, the
opposite reed one would think is making the sound is actually making the
sound.

For example, take the covers off the harp and put your thumb on the draw #4
reed and try to make it sound. Nothing happens. Next, bend draw #4 and put
your thumb on the reed. The bend still happens. This is apparently true up
and down the harp for all bends and over-thingys.

Rick Barker