Hugh M. / BSJ / Jelly Roll(?)

To Hugh M. and all of the HARP-L'ers,

[Hugh / BSJ]
I just wanted to congratulate Hugh and his band, the Snake Doctors, for
putting on a *GREAT* show this past Saturday at Huntsville's Big Spring
Jam! :-)  That was my first time to see them, and let me tell you...
they are one of THE BEST bands around, and now are also one of my
favorites!  They were one of the tightest "loose" bands that I've ever
seen.  "Loose" meaning laid back and groovy.  These guys could get
mellow one minute, and then the next just turn around and SMOKE! :-)
Love the "band dynamics" Hugh, that was the coolest part for *me*
anyway.  I do think, however, that *you* could been up a little more
in the mix.  I thought your great playing deserved a little more volume,
and I could BARELY hear your Hammond at all.  Oh well, you guys still
KICKED!  I *WILL* be there (Turning Pointe) this Thursday night! :-)

I love to see "local" acts of this quality and calibre because it
restores my faith in the hopes of Huntsville ever getting a great
music scene going.  It's performers like Hugh and his bandmates
that make *me* proud to say, "I'm from Huntsville, and hell yeah we
have some talented people here!" :-)

For those of you who haven't heard Hugh play, just feel good in knowing
that he KNOWS how to play and he KNOWS what he's talking about.  He is
definitely a great asset to this list. :-)

[Jelly Roll]
I caught the last song that these guys played on Sunday and they too
had a great harper like Hugh! :-)  Does anyone know ANYTHING about
them or their harp player?  They were excellent IMO. :-)

Later Harp people,
Craig S.
craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx