Re: Chromatics

What about the Toots models? How do they compare to the 270's?

From: Ri58066217@xxxxxxx Reply-To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Message-ID:
<9409252314.tn112490@xxxxxxx> To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Date: Sun, 25 Sep 94
23:14:24 EDT Subject: Re: Chromatics

I own all the models with the exception of the Larry Adler model 64.  The
Silver Shadow 64 is no longer made.  It was a cheap student chromatic for the
beginning students.  It did not last very long.  The one I would recommend is
probably the best one in the lot  That is the Super 64 X.  It has a plastic
like body and is black in color.  Has some gold color on mouthpiece.  It has
the best tone quality of all the other super 64 and 64 chromatics.  Don't know
about the Larry Adler, but it is probably like the super 64.  Be sure that the
slide  (Super 64 X) is not noisy.  Even thought the Super 64 X is a nice
sounding harmonica, the one I bought had a very noisy slide.  However,
one of my friends bought one, and the slide was ok.  Contact Richard Farrell
for a 40% discount.  You  might also purchase a 4 octave Hering.  Very
responsive and cost $67.00.

Richard Martin