Canada, Tongue-blocking, and dollars

A few things.  This is my first post to the Harmonica list and it's
mainly questions.

1:) I am not new to the harp, as I have been playing for a few years, but
have never had anyone to show me, just a couple of cheap books for
novices.  The question is, what is the advantage of tounge-blocking?  I
bend constantly by drawing my tongue back, and couldn't imagine being
able to do this while tongue-blocking.

2:) I'm from Canada (Newfoundland, actually) and there are no harp
dealers.  I want to check out melody-makers and other brands of harps.
Is there a dealer in Canada? Or would I be better off dealing with the
U.S?  So far the best I can do is pay $30 for a Hohner blues harp.

3:) I want to learn about power-harp.  What's the best way on a budget?
I have some CHEAP gear. (Old 10-watt guitar amp, realistic microphone)
And it's fun to put the harp through, but I have no sound to compare it
to.  (I don't know of ANY harp players in Newfoundland).