harmonicas for kids

My daughter posed an indirect but interesting question last night.

Should would like to get a _cheap_ harminoca but wants a good one to
play on.  She is NOT a harp player by any stretch of the imagination
and I don't envision that she will be.  (She is taking piano and flute
lessons this year.)  But she does like to play around on them like
I do.  (I have 6-7 harps including two Chromatics but I just play around.
You couldn't stretch your imagination and call me a harp player either.)

Anyway, she seems to have her eyes on the Hohner HarmoniKids which is
an echo model.  Does anybody have an feelings one way or the other about
what she should get (echo, diatonic, Huang Solo Cadet, what?)?
And with her lead, I suspect they will all want to dig into their banks
and get one.  (Oh, Joy.  The Noise we can make now!)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael Bower
bowerm@xxxxxxxx