Re: chromatic

At 12:29 9/19/94 -0000, Tim Moody wrote:
>Another Chromatic that I've heard good about is
>the Herring.

I *love* the Hering (sp?).  I used to have a couple of the 64's, but they
disappeared at a gig one day.  I then couldn't replace them because the
factory in Brazil was busy changing ownership and they weren't sending out
orders.  As a result, I couldn't even "get one of them from Norman"!  In
fact, Norman got badly burnt by Hering - he had a *large* order he had
pre-paid, and when the factory changed hands they refused to honour the
order.  I don't know if he ever sorted this out.

FYI - Hering used to be the Hohner factory until the Brazillians kicked
them out, so most Hering products are made on the old Hohner tools, presses
etc.  The Hering diatonic is just a Marine Band, the chromatics are
effectively Chromonica 64's (or 48's), although the Hering chromatic slide
assembly has a different design.

Anyone retail Hering in the US?

>Tim Moody

   -- hugh