Re: chromatic

> I've been playing diatonic for a couple of years now, and I'm thinking
> I might like to try out chromatic, but I don't want to invest a lot of
> money in what could just be a short-lived experiment. I see that Huang
> sells a cheap, starter model (I think it was $6.95 in Kevin's catalog--
> I don't remember the name of the harp-- I'm at work). I'm guessing that's
> the best way to go. Does anyone feel otherwise?

I have a "Star Performer" by Haung in D, and a "Silvertone" in A. The
Star Performer cost a buck more, but I like it much, much better. If you
go Huang, I'd recommend paying the extra buck without hesitation. Problem
is, I'm a very new player and don't know whether the difference I detect
is the modal or the key.

Jim Blankenship
jblanken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx